Friday, July 31, 2015
5 Facts About 2015 Alabama "Back To School" Sales Tax Holiday
1. Beginning at 12:01 a.m. (CST) on Friday August 7, 2015, and ending at twelve midnight on Sunday August 9, 2015, Alabama will hold its tenth annual sales tax holiday giving shoppers the opportunity to purchase certain school supplies, computers, and clothing free of state sales or use tax. Local sales and use tax may apply – see list of participating cities and counties.
2. Montgomery, Elmore and Autauga counties and the cities of Montgomery, Prattville and Wetumpka are waiving sales tax for the weekend, too. Click here to see if your city/county are participating.
3. Retailers are required to participate and may not charge tax on items that are legally tax-exempt during the Sales Tax Holiday.
4. The list of items that are exempt from state taxes for the "holiday" can be found here.
5. Despite the name you do not need to be a student or teacher and no identification is needed for the sales tax holiday. All shoppers are eligible.
Posted by Sharon at 4:06 PM