event will feature health screenings by Jackson Hospital, including blood pressure and glucose testing, and experts who will discuss topics such as heart disease prevention, diabetes prevention and the importance of warming up, cooling down and stretching when exercising.
Some of the topics to be covered include:
• The importance of the warm-up, cool-down and stretching when exercising — presented by Pike Road Crossfit
• Proper running and walking form — presented by Pike Road Crossfit
• Heart disease prevention — presented by Jackson Hospital
• Diabetes prevention — presented by Jackson Hospital
• Proper food portions — presented by Jackson Hospital
• Emergency preparedness for health conditions — presented by the American Red Cross
The event is free and open to the public. There also will be great giveaways and door prizes, activities for kids and vendors representing an array of River Region health and wellness organizations
For more info check out their Facebook page.